ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY (AUP)
Last Updated: June 3, 2020
This DNAnexus Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) describes certain actions that DNAnexus prohibits when you use the DNAnexus Platform. This AUP is incorporated by reference and governed by the DNAnexus Platform Application Agreement, which contains explanations of defined terms and takes precedence over any conflicting provisions in this AUP. BY USING THE DNANEXUS PLATFORM, YOU CONSENT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AUP.
You agree not to use, and not to encourage or allow any other person or entity to use, the DNAnexus Platform in prohibited manners, including but not limited to the following:
- Transmitting any content that infringes the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties, including but not limited to trademarks, copyrights or rights of publicity or otherwise violating, infringing or misappropriating the rights of any third party.
- Transmitting any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms or any other malicious, harmful, or deleterious programs or code.
- Engaging in activities or transmitting through the Services or DNAnexus Platform any content or information that is hateful or racist, libelous or defamatory, or otherwise malicious or harmful to any person or entity, or discriminatory based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, or that that depicts violence, is obscene, abusive, fraudulent or threatening.
- Integrating any app that exploits images or the likeness of minors.
- Adversely impacting the availability, reliability or stability of the Services or DNAnexus Platform.
- Launching or facilitating, whether intentionally or unintentionally, a denial of service attack on the Services or DNAnexus Platform or on any third party.
- Attempting to bypass or break any security mechanism on any of the Services or DNAnexus Platform or using the Services or DNAnexus Platform in any other manner that poses a security or service risk to DNAnexus, to any user of the DNAnexus Platform or to any other developers DNAnexus Platform participants.
- Testing or reverse-engineering the Services or DNAnexus Platform in order to find limitations, vulnerabilities outside of DNAnexus’ published Bug Bounty program.
- Using the Services or DNAnexus Platform in any manner that may subject DNAnexus or any third party to liability, damages or danger.
- Using the Services or DNAnexus Platform in any manner that violates any applicable third-party policies or requirements that DNAnexus has communicated to you.
- Using the Services or DNAnexus Platform to engage in or in connection with fraudulent activity.
- Promoting or engaging in illegal activities.
- Harvesting or otherwise collecting information about others without their express consent.
- Interfering with or disrupting networks connected to the Services or DNAnexus Platform or violating the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks.
- Violating or facilitating the violation of any local, state, federal, or foreign law or regulation, including privacy laws and regulations.
- Registering with the DNAnexus Platform with an email of a throw-away email address provider.
- Creating a DNAnexus Platform account for the purpose of competitive evaluation or research.
- Using a DNS name containing offensive, infringing, profane or libelous terms in a publicly-visible URL hosted on the DNAnexus Platform (in addition to other remedies it has under the DPAA, DNAnexus may remove or modify any such DNS names).
- Revealing your account password to others or allowing use of your account by others.
- Failing to make a reasonable effort to protect your passwords and to secure resources against unauthorized use or access.
This list of prohibited uses is provided by way of example and should not be considered exhaustive. All determinations related to violations of this Acceptable Use Policy will be made by DNAnexus in its sole discretion.